(yet another way I failed him - one picture - a lot of video)
Last year, I had a hard time with Jacob’s birthday. This year I was ready for it to be over. We had already had my birthday, Andrew’s birthday, the boys’ birthday party, and now Jacob’s birthday. The end of Birthday Hell could not come fast enough.One way we completely failed him on his birthday is that we didn't sing Happy Birthday to him at all! I mean, he got it at their party (crap...another blog post To Do), and his class sang to him. But we did not. We went to Jason's Deli for dinner (his favorite place!). He chose to have ice cream there instead of cake at home. It wasn't until bedtime that I realized we did not sing to him.
I do have to say that Jacob is growing into such a wonderful boy! Here’s what he is up to these days:
- Height: TBA
- Weight: TBA
- Jacob is still our little helper. He loves to help out around the house all the time. Vacuuming is his favorite. He also likes to help us when we go shopping by putting things in the cart.
- Jacob’s speech has improved so much over the last year. He stutters periodically, but it’s not as bad as it used to be. He also now actually says the J sound.
- Jacob has an amazing imagination! He loves to pretend to be a police man which means he also loves to arrest us. No one is safe. He even got a police man costume for his birthday complete with binoculars, handcuffs, a baton, and a whistle. Yes...a whistle!
- Jacob is a GREAT student! I could make a book from all of the Happy Grams he has brought home from school. He NEVER has timeout, and he listens to his teachers very well. His teachers tell us that their lives would be easier if they had a room full of Jacobs. I'm not gonna lie...it makes me nervous for the teenage years.
- Jacob LOVES soccer! We are going to sign him up for Fall Soccer!